Sunday, July 13, 2008

Another week

Hey guys I have a bunch of pictures for you today from the swap meet. I wanted all of you to see what good use your things are going to. And for any of you that don't know we have one very special donator in the states called Operation Toasty Toes. These wonderful women make different things out of yarn and then send them to us for the patients and for the soldiers/marines. The last shipment we got of them were great and everyone loved them so much, that I took a lot of pictures of people with their slippers. Hope you guys enjoy the pictures. Have a great day!




Also this week we had a little bit of excitment Gary Sinise came to visit us, and he talked to our wounded and gave them some goodies! Here is one picture of me and Kim with him. I had to black out the patients face, because we aren't allowed to show it.

6 comments:

dlyn said...

It is great to see the gifts that people send getting out to people who need it. I love seeing them all. And Gary Sinise? Whoa baby! :)

Ellyn said...

Wow...you get to meet famous people. Go you. Glad to see the your swap meet stuff is getting out.
You look good in pink.
love ya.

Anonymous said...

Laurne, I work with your mother and she gave me your info. My son is 22 years in the Navy so I can understand how proud your Mom is. God Bless you and all of your buddies over there and be safe.

Candy Bishop

Tonjia said...

Yay for the swap meet!!! I hope you guys continue to get lots and lots of goodies. The booties are adorable. Kudos to whoever thought of that.

Gary Sinise? very cool! the pics are great Lauren. try to stay coo, it must be really hot there these days..

Unknown said...

Hi Lauren! I like looking at all these pictures! Look at that sandstorm!O_O I bet that's fine to have to clean up after. I like the picture of the guy with the Ramen too...that's what I'd be eating too.XD

Anonymous said...

Hey Lauren! This is Sarah Halliday. I sure hope you remember me, I remember you! High School and such... Anyways, you mom sent me your blog, and I have read every one of them. I have to say that I miss you a lot, but I am glad you are doing well, and are happy. Take care and I'll talk to you soon!

Stay Safe!
Love,
Sarah