Saturday, August 16, 2008

Silly soldiers



Here are some pictures of what may appear to be a normal CHU. But what really lurks beneath the surface? Is it really a man eating hole? So let me explain my paranoia. The other day we had a commanders call, and the commander told us that we should be careful if our doors are sticking. He said sometimes a sticking door can lead to you getting locked inside. So what exactly inspired him to let us know this? It could be, I'm not mentioning any names, that one of our soldiers got locked inside his CHU. And even though he beat on the door and called for assistance no one came to his aid until they noticed he was late for work. When we were in the commanders call one of my favorite officers asked in earnest, "doesn't your CHU have a window?" Which to my way of thinking was a very smart question.

But before you get the wrong idea, that I am picking on this soldier, let me share a little further. You may have noticed in the first picture that we have a lovely door handle there. well the reason it is so lovely is because its new, just installed yesterday. Why you ask? Well it may be because our door was indeed getting just a wee bit sticky. Occasionally it took a number of trys to escape from our chu. So I am just pointing out that if not for this one person getting stuck in his CHU we could be stuck in right now until morning.

DEFINITIONS:
CHU: Living area for soldiers in Iraq
Commander's call: When the commander schedules a meeting with his unit so he can give all all the latest stuff from higher up. Tell us what we did wrong and what we did right.

7 comments:

Trisha said...

Okay - so why didn't the soldier go out the window? I just have to know!

dlyn said...

Is that door handle standard military issue? It looks like a little old lady handle from middle America to me!

Ellyn said...

Very informative. That poor guy is never going to live that down. He will go to use the bathroom and people are going to ask him if he is stuck in there. At least this is what I would do. I am mean like that though. He He He!!

Lauren said...

I, nor any other person can say why he didn't go out the window.

Lauren said...

I, nor any other person can say why he didn't go out the window.

Tonjia said...

I was going to ask why he didnt go out the window too but Trisha beat me to it! LOL

That is a fancy schmancy door knob!
where on earth do you suppose it came from?

Weezee said...

chu? chu! I wanted to say bless you!