Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Football season

All of my friends and family know that I am not a huge football fan. And by "huge football fan" I mean that just about the only time I will watch football is when I'm actually at a game. And when I am at that game I will route for the appropriate team. That team being the county high school team, college football team, where I live or that state. You tell me that football is playing on tv and I can't even force a pretend excitement. Around here for one reaason or another there is a lot of excitement about football. The other day one of my roomates, with the assistance of some of the other day staff, put up a football corner in the back part of our ward.

What you can't see in this picture is the tv off to the right, and rocking chair. This is going to encourage a patient/nurse/medic togetherness on our ward I am sure. Also this may help to bridge the small gap between the different armed forces. A problem that may not have occured to some of my companions, is that sometimes, concerning football, there is a rivalry that can get kind of dirty. We will see what really happens in the coming months that are referred to as football season.

3 comments:

dlyn said...

Football??? Isn't it still summer?

Anonymous said...

Pre-season, of course. Time to form fantasy football leagues and lose money!

Tonjia said...

Are these college football teams?? oh dear, that can get ugly.

stay out of the line of fire, Lauren. LOL