Saturday, September 6, 2008

Great flood


Why does he look like that you ask. Well the truth is I think he just didn't know I was going to take his picture right then. But I like to think its because he is in dismay over our bathroom being flooded.
This...problem happened the same night as the luau. I had just gotten back and another group of people from our section had gone when it happened. One of the patients, who happened to be Iraqi, came out of the bathroom in somewhat of a tizzy, but I couldn't find out why because he didn't speak english. So I went in there and water was shooting out of the back part of the toilet. Maybe shooting isn't the right word, maybe gushing is better. Anyway, I don't know anything about toilets or their repair, so I went up to the desk and got this fellow in the picture to come and fix it for me. He turned off the water and the water stopped gushing/shooting out from behind the toilet. Of course at that time we were faced with a new and interesting problem. The clean up.

You may notice that in this picture the floor looks shiny. Let me let you in on a little secret we don't wax, that is water. The whole bathroom was flooded before he was able to stop the water.

This is the mop bucket when we started. You may notice the floor doesn't look flooded I took this picture before we went in the bathroom.



This is the mop bucket when we were finished.

5 comments:

dlyn said...

There must be some kind of irony in having a flood in the middle of the desert.

Tami said...

Geee, could he come do something about the flood in my front yard? LOL
Sounds like you had your hands full there for awhile.

Hugz,

Anonymous said...

See, plumbers are needed all over the world. Talk about job security!!!

YR

Tonjia said...

eeek! I thought maybe a hurrican had hit the desert! LOL

good job, making the man do the clean up.;-)

Merisi said...

Was this supposed to be a self-cleaning toilette? ;-)

At least it was clean water.