Thursday, May 22, 2008

free time

As you may have noticed, by my ability to post something every day, I have had an ample amount of free time of late. As a side effect of free time soldiers sometimes do silly things, let me explain, I'll let you know when I get to the silly part. Yesterday one of my friends here decided to re-enlist, her name is Jen and she has decided to dedicate another several years of her life to the protection and freedom of our country. As a thank you, along with generous monitary consideration, the army gave her a piece of luggage that is quite large. Jen came back yesterday from swearing in and she said, "yeah and they gave me a bag that Julia could fit in." Us being bored, and soldiers, we had to try it out to make sure she was right.

We had her put her head all the way in too, there was extra room. I think we could go ahead and pack her in there with enough snacks and water to last her till she got back to her husband. Anyway I hope you enjoy my picture have a lovely day.

8 comments:

dlyn said...

Very funny - though they would not have to give you a very big bag to fit Julia in - she is widdle!

dlyn said...

And you get free luggage when you join the Army? Wow!

Anonymous said...

hey sweety ! How are you (besides covered in sand and stinky :-) ? I pray for you specifically and all of our troops generally every day. Keep safe and come home !

Drop me an e-mail at sheila.patterson@tema.toyota.com if you want to talk to someone who's NOT your mother but acts a lot like her :-)

Love you !

Ellyn said...

Too cute. Are they going to give you one you can fit in, if you re-enlist?

Anonymous said...

Hi Lauren,
I'm enjoying the updates! Thanks for sharing with us the pictures and the interesting things about being deployed where you are. Your picture today reminds me of my college daughters who like to take pictures of themselves getting crammed into their summer storage barrels.

Ever since I read about your shower (15 gallons) I think about you in the morning when I am getting ready for work. I seem to have to take at least a 15 minute hot shower, sometimes 20! I feel a little guilty. I actually turned the water off the other day to suds up to conserve water. : ) ... apparently 15 gallons doesn't last very long? ... it got me thinking about our water bill ..... and the little sacrifices, on top of the bigs ones, you soldiers are making! : )

Lauren said...

thanks for your comments everyone

Country Girl said...

Hi. I came over from Dlyn's site! Wow. Good luck to you over there. I'm glad you have this as an outlet. That's a pretty big bag you got there!

bichonpawz said...

Great tag line...Join the Army and Get Free Luggage! It IS nice to see her smiling face...she sure looks happy!!