Saturday, May 17, 2008

what's this?

Today we got up at 2 am and wandered out into the middle of the desert to ensure that our weapons still worked even in another country. Yes, one and all, that is what I put up with on a regular basis. We really did drive an hour out into the desert fire 20 rounds and drive back. But anyway, today I was able to get a picture of some of the beautiful foliage they have out here.

Isn't that about the sadest little...thing you have ever seen? The ones that I saw as we came in were worse, they didn't even look a little bit green. Well to be fair Kuwait is having a drought right now, but even taking that into consideration there is not shell of an old tree or anything but these and there aren't any where we live.
While we were out in the desert today I decided to also get a picture of the desert, because it is hard to fully appreciate when you don't get to see it. For fun I went ahead and stood in the picture so that you would have something, anything to acually look at. The lady in the picture with me is Jaanna.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's pretty there. That tree has a lot of potential. Needs water though.

Ellyn said...

Mom just showed me how to post a link back to my blog. So here it is. It's not much yet. I don't have much time for it right now. I will work on it later.

dlyn said...

What a lovely little ..... thing that is. I don't have any of those in my garden here.

Ness said...

Hi Lauren. Thank you for sharing your life with us and thank you for your service to our country. My son just commissioned as a 2nd Lieutenant in the Army and will be stationed at Ft. Sill, OK starting in November. He is working the Gold Bar program for SIUC ROTC this summer doing recruitment. You are in my prayers. Let us know if there is anything you need in the way of supplies that we can send you.