Monday, May 12, 2008

Packing up


Well people, as you can see, today we are packing up. I was a little worried that everything wasn't going to fit into my bags, they only let us have two. I guess that might sound normal unless you realize we are packing our whole world into them. Well anyway I found I had plenty of room, apparently my whole world is quite small if you don't count Steve, my husband. Also you may notice that packing indicates leaving a lot of the time, even though I am not allowed to say when, wink wink. I also wanted to let you know I probably won't be able to write for awhile because we won't have electricity. The pictures are of some of my friends relaxing after the worst packing of their lives. We were talking about it the other day, and we discovered that this past year, with all the training we have done, we have all become great packers. The first field exercise we did we were living in a mud pit so we had to pack all our stuff everyday and put it on our cots during the day to keep it from getting wet when it rained, we were in South Dakota. Then we went to Georgia, then California, then Texas, then back to Texas, we have gone camping a lot this year, but even when you go camping with your family and sleep in a tent you get that little nylon bottom the army doesn't believe in that. :) A lot of it was really fun, and I got to see a lot of the world, I hadn't ever been to South Dakota or California. Well I better split. I want to thank everyone who left a kind comment, I am happy to be doing this - after all I volunteered.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for being willing to fight for us, Lauren. May God be especially close to you during your deployment.

Sandra

Anonymous said...

Lauren,
You go girl! I'm so proud of my brave, pretty, soldier 2nd cousin. Thanks for serving all of us by serving your country. May the Lord protect you as you trust in Him! I wish you the best and also the same wishes for the courageous husband you leave at home.

Love, CM

Anonymous said...

Be careful and safe. Love ya.

Anonymous said...

Lauren, thank you for volunteering to help protect us. It's means more than words could ever say. I will be praying for you.

Take care,

Janis (your mom's friend)

bichonpawz said...

You will be in my prayers. Thank you for serving our country. Be Safe.