Friday, May 16, 2008

We moved





So we are in a new living area and country now. We are staying in new "barracks" it's really like a big tent thing and the new country would be Kuwait! So far I have noticed that dry heat isn't fun at all, the way they say it is. To be fair to those that say so, it isn't 130 degree's most of the time in the states. Also there seems to be quite a bit of sand, amazingly, it blows into your eyes, so I bought some lovely goggle-sunglasses that are very hot! And I mean hot in every sense of the word. I have a few things that I have pictures of that I want to show. So we are going to be here for a while longer than I thought we were going to be. But this installation isn't so bad, it has quite a nice dining facility, which I will talk more about at another time, starbucks I was amazed by, taco bell, burger king, a nice sized px (army wal-mart), a beauty shop that gives massages, among other things. We will also have these things where we are giong next. Also we have internet access here in our living area which is very nice, it doesn't work very fast and we have to pay $12 a week for it, but its still here.
Well the showers here are short and I mean really short we are allowed 15 gallons per shower, I take very fast showers but that is crazy short. We also have no flushing toilets, that means we get to use port-a-potties, now I don't know if many of you have used a port-a-poty during the day when its 130 degrees but its not much fun. I am hoping the next place will have something in a flushing toilet.
New subject we will talk about males over here, WOW. They aren't so bad in our unit although they are getting to the staring phase, but these guys in the other units are to the random talking to you phase. Example? We were walking around the px and we separated because we all needed different things, and when we went to leave we had all experianced the same thing, they will just walk up and start talking to you. They aren't to the hitting on you stage yet, but it is a little crazy that they are as far as they are because as you will see no one looks good in this amount of crazy (army wear).
Well I think that is all I have to say for now I will be bloggin more in the next few days.
PS one and all we are 7 hours ahead of you on the east coast, the rest of you may adjust accordingly.

5 comments:

dlyn said...

Yay Lauren - you got online! Love the goggles - you should send a pair of those babies to Dad - you know how he loves wierd sunglasses! It is so good to "see" you even if you are so far away. love ya - Mom

Anonymous said...

Those glasses are too cute. I love it that you are online. I can bother you from all the way over here. YEAH!!
Have a great day.

Weezee said...

Alright! nice to hear from you. I like those goggles too. YOu look like a biker girl.
Keep that news coming!

Flea said...

Gotta love sunglasses that wrap. A little like Jack O'Neill on Stargate SG1. Definitely hot!

Anonymous said...

Your tent looks alot like Patrick's ... you two are not sharing a tent are ya?