Wednesday, May 21, 2008

sand storm

Well today we are having our first real sand storm since we have been here, not so exciting as you might think. First off its never a good idea to wear chap-stick or any other kind of lip product during this sort of thing. The wearer may have a little trouble with a sand paper like feeling on their lips about 2 seconds after leaving the inside area. I got some pictures to put on here.

This one is right outside of our tent, went for a little walk over to the px during the storm, stupid soldiers! We got all dressed up.

We were talking about all the places we had gone the other day and that is seems whenever we go anywhere there is some kind of natural emergency, like tornado or hurricane. We had a tornado knock down tents in South Dakota, and a tornado ran through our sleeping area in Texas we even had the tornado sirens go off. Also the day we got mobilized is snowed in Iraq. At least here this kind of thing happens all the time.

6 comments:

dlyn said...

Looks like you are going to rob a bank - I would not think the Army would sanction that sort of thing.

Weezee said...

I agree,you look like Army desperados!!!
I could never go there I am addicted to chapstick!

Ellyn said...

Mark says you look silly. Then he says "Stop being so silly, Lauren." It is from Veggie Tales, the Water Buffalo Song. It's is on you tube if you want to see it.

Country Girl said...

Wow. That's some serious sand. I'd be worried about my camera, too, getting sand in it. And my eyes, and my ears, and oh my!

Lauren said...

what we did is we put our camera's in zip lock bags.

bichonpawz said...

Hi Lauren, I popped over from your mom's blog. It's interesting to see what a sandstorm looks like. I've never seen one! We're praying for y'all!!