Thursday, June 12, 2008

back tracking

Alright I would like to start off by saying that I am sorry that I haven't been able to do as much blogging as I had been doing there for awhile. We have a lot of patients right now on our ward and when I get home I am a little sleepy. The patients mostly aren't wounded its stuff like appendix.
Anyway today I would like to go back a little bit to some of the blogs that I did while we were still in Kuwait. You remember I was talking about how when the units came through they painted something to represent their unit on one of the cement walls? Well we did one too, and one of my friends got a really good picture of it.

We have some very good artists in our unit, I think they did a really good job. Do you see the knight thing? Its supposed to represent a Caduceus, since we are a medical unit. The flag in the background really looks like its waving, to me. Then it has the little flags on both sides, those represent our different companies, since we went to different places. And then those little banner things had the 1st sargeant and commander on them, but I blacked them out because I didn't want to broadcast their names all over the internet. I thought they did a really good job with the whole thing, I am proud that all the other units going through there are going to see it. Hope you enjoy.

6 comments:

dlyn said...

Wow - they did do a really nice with that. Ater this much time, I am surprised there is any room for more of them!

Debbie said...

Sense of pride, accomplishment and it sure brightens up the desert!!

We have Army artists!!

Michelle said...

What an awesome rendering. I was directed to your blog from Tonjia and I see other friends are here (Hi Debbie). Thank you for your service and I pray for your safe journey. My daughter is in the Air Force and just passed the 1 year mark. She is still in her Tech School (AIT) and will graduate in September as a Medical Lab Tech. Sure has been a long school. I think it is longer than the Army's LPN school! I served in the Army for 22 years as a PSNCO and retired in 2001. Hubby is a Colonel and is still in. Guess that is why we encouraged our daughter to go Air Force. I look forward to hearing about your experience. Be safe!!

Tonjia said...

I am guilty... yesterday on my blog, I directed everyone to your blog! :-) I hope you dont mind Lauren, I am a huge believer in supporting our soldiers in any way that we can!

LOVE! love! love! the mural!! it really does look like the flag is waving..

Lauren said...

Hey thanks for your comments everyone, and of course I don't mind people visiting, that is why I wanted to do this blog. :)

escape said...

now i realize how import medics are and all i thought was that you treat injured armies not knowing that there are also situations where you encounter the typical ailments.