Thursday, June 19, 2008

before and after

In this particular place in the army we don't have to wash our own clothes. That’s right we get our things laundered for us by the civilians here. We turn it in one day and by the next day we get our things back freshly washed. You may think, well that is nice you never have to do your own laundry, it’s like having a maid. I am here to tell you, not really. I would rather do my own laundry for a number of reasons, the first being; when I do my laundry I always get back the exact same underwear and socks that I put in there. The second reason being; I know how to separate colors.

These two pairs used to be white in the not so distant past. Now, sadly, one is and off green. This is what happens when you put white undies and new green socks in the laundry together. In fact in this picture it really doesn't even show the stark difference in color. It’s like the difference between day and night, men and women, white and off green. Thanks to Julia for the supply of the before and after garments.

6 comments:

Ellyn said...

Showing your under garments to the whole internet. What would Grandma K. think?! Shocking!!

Lauren said...

I didn't know my underwear...they are Julia's

Michelle said...

I have heard that most soldiers through away all of their clothes when they return to the states. You just never get that clean feeling. It reminds me of when I was in Honduras and they did our laundry for us. Not clean!

Donna said...

LOL....OhMy!!! There IS a difference!! Happy washing sweetie!hughugs

Michelle said...

Hi Lauren, I was a 75H4O/PSNCO. Not sure what they are called now. It is I who am thanking YOU for your service. I retired in 2001 so that was a long time ago. What is your MOS? My daughter is in the Air Force (1 year) and is still in tech school (AIT). She is a Medical Lab Tech and will be stationed at Fairchild AFB in Spokane, WA. I currently live in Florida. Where are you from? There is a whole Yahoo Group of Air Force Moms and Dads and a bunch of the moms have blogs. I found your blog through another air force mom. If you want a good laugh, go check out Hallie. You camn find a link on my blog. Tell her I sent you. She started her blog just before her son, CJ, left for BMT. I look forward to reading about your life in Iraq. I loved the picture of the guys on the trike. You gotta make the most of what ya got! Take Care

Tonjia said...

LOLOL Lauren! You crack me up! Is Julias mom cringing because her underwear is on the internet? LOL

I am thinking of you guys trying to make it day to day in the burning heat of the desert. Sending you cool thoughts!

Hang in there!