Friday, June 20, 2008

A brave new look


I think today I may take a more serious turn. Since we got here and I have been working in the hospital, I see all the good that the US Military is doing in this part of the world. Several of the patients that I have helped care for surely would have died if we hadn’t been here to give them the quality care that they would have been missing with a civilian hospital. I, for one, have questioned some of the actions taken by our government in recent years. But now that I am here and see how some of the people have to live, I am reminded to be thankful for what I have back home. It is easy to pass down judgment when you aren’t in the driver’s seat, but maybe it would help us all to remember that running the show isn’t always the easiest job. I am proud to be here, and proud to be able to help these people that need it so badly. I look into the faces of some of the injured and realize they are counting on me and that without that little bit of help all hope may be lost for them. I like to remember sometimes when I am getting down about being over here, that when I get home I will still have the greatest gift my country can give me, freedom. And that even though I am here right now, that freedom, and everything else that I love will be waiting for me when I get home. I also remember that even though I may not go home, that the freedom of others was protected, and the health of others, I wouldn’t trade that for anything.

11 comments:

Donna said...

Beautifully said sweetheart...Be safe...hughugs

Anonymous said...

Thanks Lauren for what you are doing! Words are not adequate to express the respect and gratitude you deserve.

dlyn said...

Do proud Mom comments count? Well said and I love you!

Debbie said...

Very well said and we are proud of all of you and the wonderful job you are doing!

And proud Mom comments DO count! LOL

Tonjia said...

Heck yah! Proud moms count!

Lauren, you and the soldiers serving in our military are what we think of when we think about our freedom.

Here at home right now, we are bombarded with commercials about presidential candidates and news stories about elections and political conventions.

None of them mean a thing. None of those overpaid politicians would be worth a damn if it werent for our brave soldiers and those serving in the military. YOU guys are what makes this country great.

We DO appreciate the job you are doing and we are SO very proud of each and every one of you!

God bless our soldiers!

Lauren said...

Thanks everyone for your comments, it is really appreciated. I feel the support from all the people back home is what makes us so strong.

Betty Sue said...

Stephen's Aunt Betty Sue is very proud of what you and all other soldiers are doing. God bless every one of you.

Ellyn said...

Well said, dear sister.

Michelle said...

Thank you for reminding us back here what we have that others do not. Thank you for your service and Mom comments count even more!

Weezee said...

Lauren, thank you so much for what you are doing but thank you especially for being so proud and willing to do it.
Love you!

Anonymous said...

I know I have told you before how very proud I am of you and your comments thrilled me. I wish some of the news media over here could publish some of the comments from you and others serving. Except for Fox News Channel, we don't hear nearly enough of that. Love you LOTS, Grandma