Wednesday, June 4, 2008

flushing toilets

So as you may remember in previous posts I did talk about the novelty of flushing toilets and how wonderful they are. And even though these particular toilets don't flush the same as our toilets back home I am still happy with them.

I'm sure just about everyone reading this has used a porta-a-potty at least once in their life, but for the army it is a way of life. In almost every situation you can find one of these plastic toilet boxes. We all had our fingers crossed when we showed up here hoping for a flushing toilet, its not much, but it is something to hope for.


Now we also got some showers, not the best showers in the world, but it is better than bird bathing for a whole year. Something that is a little bit annoying about our daily self cleaning situation, it that we aren't allowed to brush our teeth with the water. The water is what the army likes to call non-potable, which means non drinkable, or that you might get sick if you swallow it. So we get to brush our teeth with a water bottle. You may think, "hey you can't rinse your tooth brush out right with a water bottle". And if you did think that you would be right. Well anyway as far as our living conditions we really lucked out, the barracks are good and we have flushing toilets and showers. What more can person ask for?

5 comments:

dlyn said...

Do you have heated towel racks? I guess you don't need them though, since I see that it is 102 there today. I imagine your towels are plenty hot already. It is adry heat though, right?

Anonymous said...

Hi Lauren! I'm Sean's Mom. Just wanted to let you know that I'm checking in occasionally on your blog. Sean's bro, Patrick ( army) is over there in that hot place too. I guess it's the place to go if your in the Army .
I Know your are loving the potties that flush. The pics kinda look like summer camp only with air conditioning.

Praying for you guys.

Weezee said...

Nice! Flushing tiolets are good. Clean flushing toilets are really good though. I like how they flush kind of exotic.

Ellyn said...

I love your daily window on the world. It's always fun to see what you come up with to talk about.

Anonymous said...

Flushing toilets are great. Take it from someone who just put in a new toilet at my house. However, mine is not as exotic as yours. :>)

YR