Monday, June 30, 2008

Swap Meet

Alright, today I have some picutes from our swap meet. Some of you may know that I am one of the points of contact for the donations to this installation. We accept the donations from the wonderful people that send them, and then we make sure they get to those that need them. We have a swap meet every other week, where we give out shampoo, conditioner, soap, and other little odds and ends. Then we also send some boxes of things out to guys that are outside the wire that can't come in for our swap meet. About a week ago my mother put a blog out about our little donations thing, and how we can always use more things for it. I just wanted to put out some pictures so that you could see some of the things getting used.


Sorry that one is a little dark.

I just wanted to let you guys know that we have also sent out three boxes of things to the guys that are outside the wire. To us they always get first priority, because they don't have a px. We have one is just isn't the best. :) All of the things that are sent are much appreciated by one and all. Thank you very much.

5 comments:

Trisha said...

Looks like fun! I am still working on getting a box together to send. Anything really needed at the moment? I will check out your mom's blog again for her list too.

Michelle said...

Check out my blog today. I am gonna work on getting you guys more stuff. Be sure and let me know if thre is anything not on the list that you could use.

Tonjia said...

way to spread the wealth! I am headed to Michelles blog right now to see what to send...

Lauren, I hope you all are tolerating the heat ok.

Debbie said...

This is wonderful and you are such a great group do be doing this for your fellow soldiers! Tonjia posted on her blog too so the word is getting around!

I, like Tonjia, worry about you all in the heat! Please take care!

Anonymous said...

That's pretty cool, Lauren, to see all of you banding together to help each other. What a great idea! Just wanted to stop in and see how you're doing and to let you know I'm still praying for you.

Janis (mom's crazy friend)