Monday, June 9, 2008

Some missing pieces

Well today I have little to nothing to say, and I felt guilty about not posting any pictures the other day so here you go.

This, as you can see, is a picture of me standing by a huge wall. Isn't that fun? I mean not everyone gets to have a huge wall in their back yard, so I wanted to get a picture of it to commemorate its presence. No seriously I took a picture of this wall with me in it so that it could be understood how tall it is. This wall goes all the way around where we live, its our security blanket.

Now it’s a little hard to see in the picture, but that build up right there behind the buildings is the outer wall. It’s an interesting thing, there is a little road up on top of it that you see people driving over sometimes. It seems close, but its actually far away. This is our protection, that and several thousand marines driving around out there.
Alright the last picture I have here is of Jani one of my roommates, and one of my friends. I have put pictures of her in before, but I never said who she was. Jani is just awesome and she has been keeping watch over all the rest of us, to make sure we stay out of trouble. So I will leave you with this picture of her and I hope you like it.

8 comments:

dlyn said...

Can I borrow that weapon for the next time I have to go to Walmarts? Looks like it would come in handy for shopping - or it did for you anyway. Love ya - Mom

Ellyn said...

Great pictures, Lauren. It's good to be able to see into your world.
Tell Jani I said hi.

Anonymous said...

love you blog and love you. keep it coming! love - dad

Tonjia said...

Hi Lauren, I found your blog through someones blog who I found through someone elses blog etc etc.

Anyway you are on my favs. Thanks for all that you do, and for keeping us informed about your world.

I am a military mom too, my daughter just left the USAF and is hopefully heading for a career in the Navy.

hugs!

Debbie said...

Hey Laurne or is it Lauren? I've had your Mom's blog tagged as a favorite for a long time, but somehow missed she had a daughter in the Army!

I've been dealing with my son going in to the Air Force. That's change now and I'm glad. It's not for him...how do I know that? I'm retired from the Air Force and so is my ex, his Dad.

You're doing a great job blogging, BUT, the biggest job is the one at hand and may I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your service!! Sending you a virtual hug and one to your friends too!

Weezee said...

I guess that is just your everyday weapon huh. Do you have a dress-up one and a Sunday go to meeting weapon. I'm actually really glad to see you carrying it!
Love you!
W-

escape said...

you are inspiring! i hope that you're on a safer place there.

keep safe always. ill keep checking this blog from now on.

Lauren said...

hey I didn't even know which picture you guys saw the weapon in, I guess I am just used to having to carry it.