Monday, June 23, 2008

Some stuff from work

Today I decided to show some of the people that I work with. As you may notice in one of the pictures you see Jani. She is one of my roommates and she also works in the same section. We work opposite shifts, though, she works days and I work nights, and we hang out on our days off.

You may notice that in each of the pictures I have here there is the same little fellow. Well the truth of the matter is that on one particular night a week this poor guy has to hang out with the girls, because all the other enlisted guys are off. We think of various, some might say, mean things to do to him. One of them the other night was the mustache. The other night I was flipping through a magazine and I found a fake mustache that I decided would look great on him. By the way his name is Gustavo. One of the day nurses thought it made him look like Luigi from the Mario brothers game. You are thinking you cut a fake mustache out of a magazine? Yes that is right, it was in a beer ad it said adopt a new look or something like that, and the magazine enclosed a fake mustache in a little plastic bag. That was a real find let me tell ya. We asked him politely to put it on, and he did because he knew we weren’t really asking. He was a really good sport about it and he wore it until shift change in the morning. The girl in the picture with him is my partner in crime Kim.

At that time it was pointed out that this particular mustache didn’t meet army standards. The regulation on mustaches says that it can’t go past the corners of your mouth, or be faddish. So I cut off the corners of the mustache so that it would fit the reg’s and he was afraid I was going to cut him, imagine that. So untrusting. This last picture shows him with one of the other guys that work’s days, who was just a little bit too slow to save him, his name is David.

By the way normally at work I don’t call any of these people by their first name, it’s just for their confidentiality. I don’t want anyone reading this to think the army is going soft. :)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ellyn said...

Too funny. Nice mustache.

Donna said...

And I Love "Mario"!!!LOL...He's a cutie!!! Happy and Safe Day sweetheart!hughugs

Tonjia said...

OMG! LOLOL in the last pic he looks a little like Hitler. eeek!

it looks like everyone is having fun, if I didnt know better I would think you were working in an ER here in the US.

Keep it up! laughter is what gets us through the tough times..

Debbie said...

Oh I love this...I spent YEARS cutting my ex-husband's mustache to regulation every Sunday night!

To this day I still can't curl the back of my hair without thinking about it touching the bottom of my collar. Old habits....

Glad you guys can manage to have some fun!

Tonjia said...

Lauren... you have been TAGGED!!

check out my blog today for explanation...

Michelle said...

I have bestowed upon you an award. Unfortunatley it does not give you any promotion points. Check out my blog for details.

Anonymous said...

LOL! That is so funny! .... you mean to tell me that the Army has a dress code and appearance standards????? .... My kids think their Christian School or college is the only place in the world with such rigidity! ; )

Anonymous said...

PS - thanks for giving me some "discussion" ammo (no pun intended .... a little Army lingo there.)