Friday, June 27, 2008

I've been tagged

This is so exciting -I have been tagged! Tonjia has tagged me. I am going to be honest- I don’t know how to use a lot of the special features of blogger, so my mother is probably going to have to help me. Anyway let me think of 7 strange things about me…

7. I have very loud fingernails. Let me explain; I have very strong fingernails they don’t really break much, so when I clip them they make a loud sound. It drives Steve crazy. Also, because it drives Steve crazy, I am not allowed to clip them in the car or any other enclosed place he is in, such as the bathroom.

6. As some of you may know my regular job isn’t the army as I am a reservist. So I go away every month to drill, which is about 2 hours from where we live. I have a friend that I share a hotel with, and so I pack a lot. I have refined my packing to the point that I keep a whole separate bag of toiletries that I bring with me every month. Right now at home I have soap, shampoo and conditioner, and a poofy loofa in the shower waiting for me to come home.

5. I like to make up new things to cook. Perhaps many people do this, but when I make dinner I cannot follow a recipe, I have to add my own special touches, and I never make anything the exact same way twice. I often get some kind of meat out of the freezer in the morning with no clue what I am actually going to make for dinner, just something with this kind of meat.

4. My initials are in alphabetical order. LMN

3. I never press the snooze button on the alarm clock. I think when you set an alarm to wake you up, you should just get up when it goes off instead of setting it earlier and cheating yourself out of 20-30 minutes of sleep by pushing the snooze repeatedly. When we got married I had to break Steve of it, because I am also not going to let someone else cheat me out of sleep. :)

2. I take about the shortest showers of any female I know, and also shorter than many of the men I know. I don’t see why people should spend a lot of time in there, just get in clean yourself and get out so you can get on with your life. Ha ha

1. And the number one most odd thing about me… drum roll please. Let me just give one example of this strangeness: deluxe nuts. Let me explain. When I by a can of mixed nuts I can’t just reach in there and get a handful of them and eat them like a normal person. Nope, first I look in there and see which kind of nut there are the most of then I carefully eat those first. So say there are a lot of peanuts in there then almonds, then walnuts, then cashews and so on. I have to eat them in that order, saving the ones that there were the least of to begin with for last, because those must be the best. I know I am a weirdo.

I am tagging:
Ellyn
Weezee
My Mom
The Dong
Trisha
Ness
Let me know when you post yours so I can come and see! I hope everyone has a great day.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! First to comment! Also, very nice things about you, though I feel I should qualify them a bit.

7. Your nails make a bone-crunching type sound when you cut them. Some in particular offend my eardrums, you know I have dog hearing anyway. ;)

6. I used up the shampoo and the soap. I think Aaron stole the conditioner, girlie man.

5. The same method of cooking has been used lately in the house, but I think it's because I'm a guy and just kind of throw whatever I've got available together and season it. Still good though.

4. They were sort of alphabetical before, but I made them better! :D

3. I set the snooze early so if it takes me a long time to get up I have time to waste. If it doesn't I can always catnap on the couch until time to go.

2. I can't lie, I take long showers. They're therapeutic for me, not much takes away a bad mood or minor symptoms of illness (i.e. headache or upset stomach) like a long hot shower.

1. I love sneaking my hand in and stealing rare nuts, then letting you see me eat them. Hehehe, I'm pretty crafty, and you're so cute when you're angry.

Alright, love you babe, talk to you soon I hope. Miss you!

Ellyn said...

I liked Steve's list the best. That is a pretty funny guy you married.
I will complete my list in a few days. I am pretty sure I won't be able to come up with 7 strange things because, as you know, I am pretty normal.

Michelle said...

You did a fine job with your list just figured out how to link the other day. It is actually pretty easy once you know how. You type the word you want linked (a persons name) then you highlight it and click on the little green icon that looks like a frog. Then you copy and paste the URL you want linked to the word/name that you have highlighted. See, simple. So simplet that I could do it.

I was actually AGR and retired in 2001. I joined the reserves in 1979 and then on Jan 19, 1982 I started my AGR career. I have worked for 2 medical units in my time and an MI Unit. I am not sure who is worse, doctors or MI Officers.

Have a good day!

I Am Woody said...

At least as far as #1 goes, you are perfectly sane. Trust me!

dlyn said...

Heh! I love how Steve came in a offered a rebuttal! Dad can't stand the sound of nail clipping either. You get that saving the best for last thing from me too. I give all the peanuts to Dad though - I like them ok, but I like all the others better. I will get to the tag in the next day or two. Unlike some pople I could mention, who live in denial, I know how wierd I am.

Donna said...

LMN...WoW!!!LOL......Great list! And I'm the same with the bath thing...get in and get out!!!lol...Happy, Safe night sweetie!!hughugs

Trisha said...

Thanks for tagging me - it is the first time I have been tagged. I feel like a real part of the blogosphere now. I have done my post even though it was hard to narrow down my "strange" traits. It didn't help that Hubby kept coming into the room offerring suggestions!

I do like Steve's reply. That man loves you!

Anonymous said...

I buy mixed nuts w/o peanuts. Otherwise over half the can is peanuts and I'm not going to waste the calories on peanuts. Then I immediately pick out all the pecans. This has caused some slight strife at the office. ;>)

YR

Tonjia said...

I LOVE it!!! Lauren, you did a great job and so did Steve!

Kind of makes you look down deep inside of yourself doesnt it? lol

Have a great and safe weekend.

Ellyn said...

Lauren, My list of strangness will appear tomorrow. Come and look when you have time. Love ya.

Weezee said...

sorry I am behind on this tag, I'm a new mama yoy know. I am still chuckling over your and Steve's list.

As for the nuts, I always eat all the pecans and hazelnuts first. Those are my favorite and I don't want to miss out on any!!!!

shooting to get my list done tomorrow.
Love you.